Six Ways to Give Yourself a 20% Raise
Updated: Mar 23
See how easy it is to spend less and put more $ in your pocket now!
Tired of waiting for your boss to acknowledge your greatness and shower you with more money for your efforts? Inflation cutting into your budget lately? Here are 6 things you can do to immediately give yourself that much needed financial boost.
1. Be conscientious of the cost of your electric and gas utilities. You can decrease your electric and gas bills by being mindful not to waste these resources. Keep the air conditioning on 78 and turn it up even higher if you are going to be away from the house. Turn out lights when you leave a room.
2. Car pool to work if possible or request that you be able to work from home certain days of the week to save on gas. Take public transportation if safe and available in your area. Have your children take the bus to school if possible.
3. Save on your water bill by washing clothes less frequently. Take shorter showers with less hot water. Water your yard less frequently or turn down the time that your sprinkler system is active. See the optimum watering schedule per Fresh Lawn Mowing Service in Houston. Don’t wash dishes until the dishwasher is full. Make sure toilets and faucets are not leaking or running.
4. Eat at home or take your lunch to school or work more frequently. Skip the coffee line and make your own coffee. It just takes a tiny bit more time and effort but adds up.
5. Make sure your home is properly insulated and that there are no gaps in doors or windows to keep the cool or hot air where you want it.
6. Do away with your cable and pick a much less expensive streaming service. Be sure to have Chromecast, Firestick or whatever works for your streaming service for all televisions in your home.
All of the above actions will ultimately save your hard earned money and are relatively easy to implement. Stop waiting for someone else to give you that raise and give it to yourself now!